Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, July 14, 2008

The wonderful thing about not having a set agenda is you can make changes in your plans on a whim. As I was cycling the most incredible bike path up toward Loveland Pass, I heard music and decided to stop. There was a free Blues festival with art booths, many food booths and, of course, a cold beverage of choice. I found a little motel a half mile away and decided to stay for the music. I met a lot of great people and had a good time before I returned to my room and slept for a solid ten hours. It was also nice to have a whirlpool, shower and nice mexican meal. I mentioned the bike path. I want to tell you that Colorado has some fantastic bike paths. Yesterday I rode about twenty eight miles of beautiful bike paths that went through aspen glens, around a beautiful reservoir, up the mountian along a fast moving whitewater stream and into Keystone. If Colorado can do it, so can Louisiana. We have beautiful areas too. I can't find a computer (for rent) that will allow me to get my pics up yet so I'll send Jessica some camera shots and have her post them. Well, I'm going to eat and then tackle Loveland Pass. I'll send a photo from the top.

1 comment:

jes k said...

how fun and what luck to come across the keystone blues festival! you've inspired me to try to refrain from planning every second of and researching every possibility for our next trip...

;)