Saturday, July 12, 2008

Monarch Pass

Monarch Pass (11,000+ ft.) was a bear. I really used all my energy to get over this pass. The ride down was incredible. I had to hold the speed to 45 mph for fear of going over the edge. I went so fast that I passed the intended campground without even seeing it. I ended up at a reasonable (it had a shower) campground on a creek so all I could hear was the water. I rode to Buena Vista today to hit the library and add this blog. The computer here doesn't want to accept my pictures so I 'll try in Breckenridge. I am going to go over Trout Creek Pass today (about 9800 ft.) and probably camp near Fairplay. That will be about a seventy mile ride today. The weather is hot. I guess I brought the Louisiana weather sans humidity to Colorado. It's supposed to cool off today. Herre's hoping. I'll check in later in a day or two.

4 comments:

jes k said...

what do you mean by hot weather?? 70?
:)

i got new bike fenders yesterday. ready for any rainstorm around!

the memorial ride had close to 100 people today. i told a bunch of people about your ride and everyone was excited/impressed.

call me next time the library doesn't accept your pics and we'll figure out a way around it.

miss you already!
love you. jes

Unknown said...

I thought about you this morning as we were riding the memorial ride. It was so hot and humid even at 9:00 that the sweat was pouring in my eyes..but on the way back downtown we had a little wind so it wasn't as bad.So i don't want to hear any complaining about hot weather! Bought a lime green BRASS t-shirt to wear proudly and support the cause.
xxoo,jats

Unknown said...

Great sailing pictures. It all looks like so much fun. It's great you have this blog to keep us all up to date. I'll be checking it regularly to see what all I'm missing out on ;) Be safe and that big wheel keep on turning.

- Andy

V Diddy said...

Yo, Tour de Pants,
Sandra & I rode our bikes all the way to the French Quarter for the Bastille Day festivities!! Eat your heart out! You should have seen Sandra try to bike back...she was so tanked, she couldn't bike in a straight line!!!
Wish I was there....