Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day five of my trip. Woke up to a foggy morning. Started riding about 6 a.m. I faced a monster climb at about 35 miles. The climb took about two hours (maybe more, I was delirious from the heat.) Naturally, at the top I was ready for a great downhill. Unfortunately, the headwind of about 15 mph made me actually pedal hard just to get down the hill. When I arrived in Colville, Washington at about 2, the temperature was already 98 running to a hundred. The thought of camping in an area without a lot of trees and water, I decided to utilize the mantra of our generation- travel light and carry plastic. I got a clean, cool, motel room with a jacuzzi for 60 bucks. I have a great climb tomorrow and will be camping at about 4k feet. Should be much cooler there. I'm just sorry that I'm missing my anniversary with my beautiful wife. Really just 39 years and 11 months. I remember them all. Hopefully, I'll figure out why my iPad won't load pics. Then I'll put up a bunch.

No comments: